New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im heading to ohio next week and its gonna be a little cool outside anyone have a heater body suit I can rent or barrow or buy for reasonable price. Im in medford fort dix area! thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Just go with the stick on body warmers. If placed in the right spots you cant go wrong. Before I invested in one of those suits i would get a good set of hi loft wool base layer tops and bottoms. Best investment I have ever made.Woolpower is a very good brand. Me personally I would think the heater suit would make you look like a giant blob in the tree. There is a guy in union who stocks the wool underwear and also sells king o the mountain wool out of his house if you need it quick. He is a great guy.

http://www.alexoutdoors.com/

·
Registered
334 Posts
Another nod for good wool. I have a light set of SmartWool that I wear for a base layer and a set of Ulfrotte (Woolpower) that I wear over them. Except for my extremities (circulation problems in my fingers and toes) I don't get cold.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Another nod for good wool
IMO I would get rid of everything if i had to and keep the woolpower stuff. It seems $$$ at first but when you are out there and its really cold and blowing like its gonna be next week. You forget about the cost right away. If you compare it to the scentblocker underwear and the under armour cold gear it is basically in the same price range and it puts that crap to shame. Under armour cold gear is the biggest hoax going next to carbon hunting clothes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.