New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. So I called fish and game because when you look closely at the picture it looks like a New Jersey fish and game t-shirt. The sergeant that I talked to said that it's definitely not a game warden because they wear badges, but it may be a seasonal helper that works with fish and game and that they will get back to me with confirmation. Even if it is a seasonal helper, it pisses me off that they can just come onto my property without asking permission. What do you guys think....

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Why would a seasonal fish and game worker be on your property? Are they working on a project in the area? Is there a steam on your property or something where they have a project going on? Were they looking for a radio collared bear or bobcat? I don't know what they circumstances might be. I agree though they should not be on posted private property without asking you.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The key word here is "Helper" he is NOT an officer. He is held to the same laws as everyone else. It would be like the guy that sweeps the floor at the police station being able to pull you over? Law enforcement does not come by association.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would a seasonal fish and game worker be on your property? Are they working on a project in the area? Is there a steam on your property or something where they have a project going on? Were they looking for a radio collared bear or bobcat? I don't know what they circumstances might be. I agree though they should not be on posted private property without asking you.
These were all the reasons the fish and game sergeant was a possibility. Hopefully I hear something tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The key word here is "Helper" he is NOT an officer. He is held to the same laws as everyone else. It would be like the guy that sweeps the floor at the police station being able to pull you over? Law enforcement does not come by association.
My feeling exactly

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
First of all there are no Sgts in Fish and Game LE, Those t-shirts are available to volunteers as well as F&G employees.

Reactions: Pintail
1 - 11 of 11 Posts