New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been using J.J.[down] Taxidermy in Union City and have had nothing but serious problems with him and his work. Can anyone recommend a good reputable taxidermist in Northen NJ.

Thanks In Advance...

·
11,226 Posts
I've used 2 different guy's in the last couple of years: Joe Cicchino out of Denville. He did a great job on my 2003 Nine point. I just brought him an 8 point from 87 that needs to be re-caped as well. (973) 983-8733.
I also used Jim Dowd out of Hopatcong. He did 2 8 pointers for me and they both came out great.(973) 770-3946 ... I WOULD use either of these guy's again

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I used a guy that works above the Hainesville General Store in Montague. It is right on Route 206. I lost his number though. He did great work, but it takes a while. He gets swamped. He takes work from his buddy in Point Pleasant also.

B

·
0 Posts
Theres is NO ONE better then GEORGE DANTE of WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS , he did my FULL MOUNT NJ BLACK BEAR as well as many other mounts for friends. You can call him, and goto his shop which is in his basement, super nice guy, and he's a full time TAXIDERMIST. He has won more awards then any other taxidermist in NJ.

WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS
GEORGE DANTE
20 LIBERTY RIDGE TRAIL
TOTOWA, NJ 07512 PHONE: 973-790-1515

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brian Bulman of Lafayette is the greatest! He owns Skylands Taxidermy out of his house. He graduated from PA I.T. and did a top-notch on my 2003 13-point 152.5. Show Quality all the way! Sorry, no number.Try Simon Peters for info.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I agree with Bowhuntercop. George Dante from wildlife preservations is the way to go. He does museum quality work and a turn around time of 7-9 months. He is also a instructor for taxidermy classes. When I find the picture of my mount I will post it...Good luck

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There's a Gentleman by the name of Mark Beuchel, he lives in Kinnelon, He does a very nice job, been doing taxidermy for years. I would recommend him to anyone. Give him a call 973-492-5312 tell him you heard of him on this website thanks

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I AGREE WITH GOERGE DANTE BEING THE BEST, BUT HIS TURN AROUNG IS NOT 7-9 MONTHS IT IS OVER A YEAR AND LONGER,I KNOW THIS BECAUSE HE IS MOUNTING MY TENTH TROPHY....

B

·
0 Posts
rutnbk is right George takes his time with his work, and my full body Bear Mount took 15 months to get back. I look at it like this, I would rather wait and get a great mount then have the guy rush and get a bad mount, those that take there time shows me 2 things: 1 thing is he takes pride in his work, and 2 his business must be good, if he is that busy. Go with George all the way !!!!!

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
i work out of Clifton...i can have your mount back to you by june, i do quality work, use the best materials, and put every effort into making your mount look as real as possible.[up]
Jason Wizner
Jersey Jays Taxidermy
Clifton NJ 07011
551-206-2623

B

·
0 Posts
Jason would like to see your work someday when you have time, im right in LODI

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Jason it sounds like your getting into the right business. Guys are always on here looking for a Good Taxidermist.
BHC took me to Meet George Dante. He does great work but is a bit pricey.(Its worth the price after you speak with him and see what he puts into his work)
Just do a decent job at a reasonable price and i think you'll do well.As for turn around time thats not as important as quality work.Good luck. I'll keep you in mind if a get a wall hanger?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Do any of these guys do birds?
The guy I used for birds moved to upstate Pa.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts