New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals),

I have to put in for my upcoming vacation days and would like some advice. Here's what I've got:

10/24 or 10/25 all day - depending on rain/not
10/27 - 1/2 day morning
11/3 - 1/2 day morning
11/4 - all day
11/14 - all day
11/15 - afternoon hunt

I can't hunt 11/7 - 11/11 since boss is out and I must be in to cover. I will definitely be hunting every Saturday.

What do you think? I need your opinions ASAP.

Thanks all,
David

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
You didn't say how many vacation days you have to work with.

Here's what I definitley choose:

11/3 - 1/2 day morning
11/4 - all day
11/4 is a friday and that would give you a 3 day weekend. not to mention that if you are bowhunting, the bucks will be pre-rutting at a fever pitch. they're going crazy right now.

i can tell by all the road kill bucks that i've been seeing on my way to %$%#ing work[mad]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'm off Nov 4th.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Take 'em ALL !!!! If you can't get 'em as vacation days, take 'em as "sick" days!!!:D[cool][smirk][up]

"...Live to hunt - Hunt to live..."!!!!!![up][up][up]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get 10 days per year. I was going to take ALL of the days I had listed. What do you think?

David

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I've alotted most of my vacation days for Fridays this year and next year, so I've had, and have EVERY Friday, Saturday, and Sunday covered for the entire fishing and hunting seasons 2005/2006 (except for 3 Friday mornings coming up in late Nov. and the first week of Dec.).

Problem is, I'm out of "sick time" and additional vacation time until Jan. 2006, so if I wanna take any time off to hunt or fish during the week, I will now have to call out DEAD!!![sad]

SUCKS TO BE ME!!!![sad][smirk][cool][up]

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I get the Friday after Thanksgiving for Permit Shotgun "doe only" (I may call out "DEAD" on Wednesday the 23rd!!!!;))

I have to work Friday Dec. 2 until 10:30 AM, ONLY, and am off Dec. Mon. Dec. 5, Fri. Dec. 9, Sat. Dec. 10, all other Fri. - Sun. in Dec., plus I am off from Dec. 23 - Jan 2, 2006 !!!![smirk]

It really is terrible having to work 13 days in December!!![sad][smirk][cool]

Then, like I said above I'm off EVERY Fri., Sat. and Sun. in 2006, plus about 16 Holiday days..... and if "things" work out I may have an additional 2 - 3 full weeks of vacation time added to that plus additional "sick" days!!!!

If you do the math, I will be off anywhere from 11 - 13 weeks next year in 2006!!! - That's the closest I'll ever get to retirement!!!!)[sad][smirk][cool]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts