New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
Wanted to introduce myself. 25yr old male, Gun enthusiast for about 8 yrs. Getting my foot in the hunting door now. I'm taking everything one step at a time and I'm currently working on getting my hunting license. Any beginner tips and help would be greatly appreciated. [up]

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Welcome to the site, you can learn a lot here, or be totally confused. As long as you can sift through the BS you'll be alright. Have you signed up for the hunters ed course yet?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Hey welcome to the site my friend. The course is pretty easy. To be honest, you are probably better off taking all 3 tests in one day. Therefore, if you ever feel like hunting shotgun/muzzy, you'll be set to get those license as well. Goodluck [up]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Welcome! What others have said about this place, all in all its a good site. Take the good and forget about the bad, you'll learn in time what's what.

Not yet bc they only have the Dec. 2 test posted and its full.
If you really wanted to take it this year, they never turn away walk ins. Just show up with your completed workbook and you can complete your range disciplines and take your test that day. It's only a couple days away though so you may be better off waiting if you're not prepared for it yet.

Weekend classes are done for the year and I'm pretty sure 12/2 is the last of the season, at least that I know of. Classes will start back up in late February/early March so you'll have plenty of time to take the test before 2012 turkey season if you wanted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.