New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I'm gonna give White lake a try today with the Slug gun and see if I can find A fair buck or another really big doe! I'm gonna split in about an hour or two... I'll let 'ya know how it went..

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup!! saw one on the 6 day opener only to be told befroe i saw it that I was in the wrong zone!![sad][down]

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I didn't get one but I did see some! I got here at about 12:30 and saw two does had a shot at the little one but let it go as I got meat already. I did see some new tracks in the snow. Looked like a buck was running a doe all over the woods!! I followed these tracks and cut back across my trail 3 times before they entered private land. at 3 pm I set up on a ridge over looking a huge vally And sat till dark but didn't see a thing...

still got permit bow I'll try next week!

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope not to day got some marital bliss stuff to do to keep the wife happy. Plus I don't hunt on state land on saturday if I can help it..

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I see them there in the spring but this fall and winter I ain't seen any! no tracks in the snow at all this year!

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really I know it's a trout hold over lake but there is not much room to fish it from the bank. I may try to wade it if the bottom isn't to soft.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I may try to wade it if the bottom isn't to soft
I believe it is very muddy by the banks. I heard you can get stuck very easy.

I didn't see one deer when I was there during 6 day. I guy shot a bear 150 yards from me on Wednesday. I was looking over the pond behind all the fields.

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw tracks during the 6 day and the side I was on there was all kinds of shooting. I saw deer yestrday at 1 but nothing I wanted to shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts