New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
are you talking about the trail cams the text and email you pics instantly? Id love to buy one but dont have the money right now and on top of it its like having another cell phone bill because it uses a cell service and charges you monthly.....that would be so cool to have though!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
You talking about the scoutcam?

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Moultrie's new I45 and 65 offer this feature you can check your pics remotely. It's expensive though 29.99 a month to moultrie and you need a data plan and you need the moultrie router which is like 140 bucks

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
29.99 a month is the base packages for a certain number of iamges per month it goes up to 99.99[eek]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Also if you are considering this system and are interested in entering trophys in "the books" you should be forwarned that Boone & Crockett has already ruled that a deer harvested with the aid of this type of system is not eligible for record book entry. B&C does not consider use of this system as "fair chase hunting"

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
My lower makefield pa spot yields like 900 pics a week I would be broke lol. I'll stick with my d40 and I40

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
MTH makes a great point. What was the ruling on Pope and YOung?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
WOW is this true? if you use this system your not eligible? Thats crazy, if they were smart theyd use that in advertsing as how effective it is. As for me im still eligible with my blurry moultrie haha

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
If you really want one hold off. Pixcontroller is coming out with one that will not only e-mail you the picture but if you have a web site it will FTP the image to it.

Has all the bells as the other ones and he said it will be around $1000

As for B&C I see your point but they sure would have a hard to saying you used one [confused]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
What was the ruling on Pope and YOung?
Who knows but get enough whiners together and they will cave just like they did with above 65% let off or better yet I hear they may be sued to allow crossbow entrys (For crying out loud it's a CLUB make your own club up is a bar so low it lays beneith the ground)into "The book" technology over an animal that has not changed in 10,000 years or more WOW.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Has anyone tried the trail cam systems that automatically upload photos?
are you talking about the trail cams the text and email you pics instantly?
On the plus side, you'd get an "real-time" email notification at the exact time your cam was stolen...and an photo of the S.O.B. to boot!

Now, if you could only conceal a GPS tracking beacon inside the camera housing... [smoke]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Has anyone tried the trail cam systems that automatically upload photos?
are you talking about the trail cams the text and email you pics instantly?
On the plus side, you'd get an "real-time" email notification at the exact time your cam was stolen...and an photo of the S.O.B. to boot!

Now, if you could only conceal a GPS tracking beacon inside the camera housing... [smoke]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts