New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my NJ boater's safety certificate during the move to my new house a couple of years ago . Now, that I want to take my dad's boat out, I need a replacement. I called the NJSP Marine bureau hoping that I could just walk in the nearest barracks and they could print me out a temp copy. Not that simple. They routed me to another dept. which was a recording which then prompted me to a thier website , in which I had to write an e-mail leeter and attach a copy of driver's lic and still no word how long it will take , provided they even recieve my e-mail and it doesnt kick into thier spam filter since I can only use my own email provider and not the one that pops up on the screen from them. Has anyone had a similar expirience ???? Therre has got to be an easier way . I want to use the boat ASAP and my new card may not be issues until months from now, if not at all.[wallmad]

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have the number somewhere I will try and find it. If not contact motor vehicle tomorrow and tell them and they will be able to give you the number to call. Say you lost it and they will make you fax a letter over and it should be mailed out alost right away. I got mine within a week when this happened to me. They are also nicer now not that little piece of junk now it is hard plastic. Good luck and I will look for that number.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fireman. I already called the number but they have it set up as a messege directing you back to the NJSP website. So I sent an e-mail request on the NJ State police website, it's just that there has been no reply email that they are in reciept of it. I just wish that you could go to DMV or the barracks and have them print you something on the spot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did over the winter, and went through the steps on the State Police website and sent them an e-mail. I couldn't believe it when I got, a replacement a week later in the mail. It was pretty easy for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts