New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day as I was in my stand. I noted the the deer where not moving at the time that Hannon's moon time chart said they would be moving. I wrote down the times I saw deer and checked it to the moonrise/moonset and with the same as years past, the deer move more to the rise and set of the moon.

Example: NOV 1, 2005 Hannon's time for deer, 10:06am - 12:06pm... the time I saw deer 4:45pm..

Tuesday
1 November 2005 Eastern Standard Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:02 a.m.
Sunrise 6:31 a.m.
Sun transit 11:44 a.m.
Sunset 4:57 p.m.
End civil twilight 5:25 p.m.

MOON
Moonset 4:12 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 6:03 a.m.
Moon transit 11:24 a.m.
Moonset 4:35 p.m.

Yes Hannon goes mostly by the moons Transit which happens every 12 hrs or so. Deer do seem to move more by the moons transit but so far not for the past 2 years now. I know weather has a lot to do with it.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NOV 15, but they are saying it's NOV 16.... going by my chart the "RUT" will hit from 7 to 21 days after the Full Moon

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I've bought the Moon Guide and have been informed that deer's movement/patterns do change during this time. So much that there is a separate chart for this time of the year.

David

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True, but the moon rise/set is the same year round... What I mean is, the deer/game/fish all move by the moon's time. The Hannon's chart and the other ones are a helping tool, so is a moon/Sun time chart

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
True, but I think they tend to move according to moon tables, unless some external situation/stimulus is present. And does in heat would be certainly be classified as an external stimulus.

Sal,
I'd like to chat with you about this. Send me an e-mail with how I can contact you.

David

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
My GPS reciever has those moon charts. That is best time to hunt/fish. I check it every time I go on stand,but I have never noticed much correlation between what it says and game activity. It does keep me on stand if it says the best hunting hours are late in the AM. Other than that I think it's astrology

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
when mysti drops his pants and takes a deuce in the woods
I need a tissue to dry my eyes.I am laughing my [no swearing please] off?Mystic by the way nov.16 is my birthday,so i hope you keep those pants on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts