New Jersey Hunters banner

Handgun purchase question?

4K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  Berserker 
#1 ·
If I buy a handgun from a buddy in PA.. How do I go about doing this legally?

I know I need a handgun permit which I have.

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
That's actually ILLEGAL [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922 (b)(3)] and a federal crime. You should probably edit/delete your post so you don't get jammed up by the law.

An out of state handgun purchase must be shipped to a NJ FFL, and the NJ FFL will fill out your "NJ permit to purchase a handgun" paperwork.

Reactions: Berserker
#31 ·
Of course not, but that's not the issue at hand here.
Now if a NJ resident goes to another state and buys a handgun (by using more liberal P2P allowances for their residents) and then transports it back to NJ, then that's the illegal part. If the seller is aware that this is going on, then he could be charged as well. Pretty cut and dry really.
Using creative falsification in order to purchase a handgun (by your own words, to avoid registration), is a surefire way to get yourself into trouble and shouldn't be recommended to someone that wants to legally buy a handgun.
With my Florida CCP, and while in the state of Florida, I walked into a gun store and bought a pistol. Law says I can do this. Then I transported the weapon back to NJ. And you say this is ILLEGAL? HOW?

#44 ·
Bottom line is - you need FFL to FFL, and you are going to pay a fee. Bob's in Glassboro and Rayco in Pennsauken are 2 good ones, i think their fee is roughly $35. If it's coming from PA, you'll have to pay shipping (price depends on if yuo want isurance or not), then pay the NJ FFL dealers fee.
For what you are looking for (based upon your other thread), if you are comfortable with the lack of an external safety, a Glock 19 might be a good bet for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.