New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
I have purchased pistols legally out of state, Florida and Texas to be exact and brought them back via air to New Jersey. No permits, no FFl.
That's actually ILLEGAL [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922 (b)(3)] and a federal crime. You should probably edit/delete your post so you don't get jammed up by the law.

An out of state handgun purchase must be shipped to a NJ FFL, and the NJ FFL will fill out your "NJ permit to purchase a handgun" paperwork.

Reactions: Berserker

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's actually ILLEGAL [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922 (b)(3)] and a federal crime. You should probably edit/delete your post so you don't get jammed up by the law.

An out of state handgun purchase must be shipped to a NJ FFL, and the NJ FFL will fill out your "NJ permit to purchase a handgun" paperwork.
He's prolly just pulling a "look at me".
Either way, he really isn't addressing the OPs question; and making those remarks only confuses someone who is looking to get a gun properly.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have purchased pistols legally out of state, Florida and Texas to be exact and brought them back via air to New Jersey. No permits, no FFl.
The only way this would be legal is if you had a residence in in those states at the time of purchase (you can be a dual resident as far as gun buying goes according to the ATF). Federal law prohibits a non licensed person from buying handguns in a state they don't live in.

To answer the OP's question, you need to have it shipped to(or the seller can drop it off at) a NJ FFL, and then do the normal buying process - 4473, purchase permit, NICS check.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Be warned that almost all FFL do not allow shipments from non FFL. So your friend has to drop it off at his local FFL who will ship it to a FFL near you.
I'll take in guns from an individual as long as they provide a clear readable copy of their DL or equivalent ID.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
In this anti gun administration, any gun you can acquire without paperwork, the better off you are. Look what's happening in CT, you don't think it's not going to happen in Jersey just as soon as another Democrat governor is elected.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The only way this would be legal is if you had a residence in in those states at the time of purchase (you can be a dual resident as far as gun buying goes according to the ATF). Federal law prohibits a non licensed person from buying handguns in a state they don't live in.

To answer the OP's question, you need to have it shipped to(or the seller can drop it off at) a NJ FFL, and then do the normal buying process - 4473, purchase permit, NICS check.
Correct! And I have that. Now all he has to do is have a mailing address in Pa. and he's good to go, and it makes it legal. Why register it with the state of New Jersey?

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you pay taxes there it sure as hell does.
You must have an actual residence, in other words a home (house, leased apartment - doesn't matter). Simply owning property is not sufficient, also if you own a house or apartment that you are renting out to someone else you are not a resident in that state since you are not residing in that home.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.