New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys & Gals,
I saw the crossbow hunting thread so I HAD to post this!

How many would like handgun hunting for deer or small game in the State of New Jersey?

Why or why not?

(Other states allow it. Why not NJ? You really do not have to worry about velocity and such due to the short barrel. A black powder rifle and shotgun can travel further.)

RW3
;)

B

·
0 Posts
Im all for it, but NJ will never allow it. They don't want people owning a handgun let alone hunting with one, also you will get someone who will ruin it for all of us, someone with a hot head, it's a known fact that when someone has a gun in ther possesion they get somewhat more daring

B

·
0 Posts
luknikk: take the police exam next time it comes out, maybe you will get hired

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My personal feeling?
"An armed society is a polite society."

Quote:
"NJ will never allow it."

That is a good enough reason to push for it!

If people do not get hot headed with a shotgun or rifle during hunting season I doubt they would get any more hot headed just because they have an "evil pistol" in their posession.

Quote:
"...it's a known fact that when someone has a gun in ther possesion they get somewhat more daring."

Can you give me a reference for the above statement?
I am always doing research on this stuff and it would be a good fact to have on hand.

Thanks,
RW3

B

·
0 Posts
You hear about it numerous times with this road rage crap we all deal with, people behind the wheel racing each other, causing problems, if one of them has a gun, they just may pull it. As far as me, I don't mind people with firearms, makes my job easier, no need for me to give a foot chase, and we can't be there watching you 24/7, we all know you have to look out for yourself and your family. I would love to have a handgun hunt here in NJ, even if it's for 1 day

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
it's a known fact that when someone has a gun in ther possesion they get somewhat more daring
Funny thing is, the last 3 gun fatalities in my town, Toms River, all committed by law enforcement / retired law enforcement with a firearm. I guess this fact applies to all "someones" including law enforcement.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I always heard that states that allow people to carry handguns are safer states. They need to be in the open though not hidden. I don't know if that would fly in this state,there's to many wakko's in one place

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
how do you like the glock 10 mm? You own any other glocks? Wondering how it compares with the .45 acp.

I know alot of the police departments around ocean county have switched to 10 mm.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
it's a known fact that when someone has a gun in ther possesion they get somewhat more daring
Bullshit. Maybe a gangbanger but gun possession in the hands of properly trained individuals causes the person to be more aware of their surroundings and more careful about the situations you are in. Just look to the 30+ CCW states in the true USA.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Had it for 3 weeks now and hav'nt had a chance to go to the range yet.The problem is there's no damn ranges in sussex county I can go to. I need to go to the Bullet Hole in Belleville or ray's on 22. I hav;nt had the free time yet.I know a few detectives in my town and I talked to them about the 10 mm They said it was a big load, They liked it.Can't wait till I go shooting. Maybe within the next week I'll go to the range.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
how do you like the glock 10 mm? You own any other glocks? Wondering how it compares with the .45 acp.
The 10mm is one of the most versatile rounds out there. Great self defense round and great hunting round. .45acp is a great manstopper but useless and unethical on deer sized game and up.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I was going to go with the 45 until I heard that same quote. The 45 was good man stopper but the 10 was a big game stopper. I have no desire to shoot a man, so no need for the 45. I just want to shoot deer and bear.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WARNING!!!!

NJ residents,
It is illegal to take a pistol into NY for shooting if you are not a NY resident with the proper pistol permit paperwork.

Be careful about the laws in other states. Nobody wants to spend a night ot two in the pokey along with $$$ defending a gun charge.

RW3

1 - 20 of 24 Posts