New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday morning turned out to be a great day in the woods. After not seeing anything for the first 2 hours and getting warmer out, I figured the deer would be looking to bed down early. at about 7:45 I saw a doe and a fawn coming into the area that I was in, with a bigger doe trailing behind. I managed to get a few pictures of all of the deer, when I got a great shot of the trailing doe looking behind her. I looked back and sure enough was a nice buck about 40 yards behind, walking very slowly and staring at the doe. I was able to get one picture of the buck before I put the camera down and got the bow ready. He was now about 20 yards away, still not taking his eyes off the does. He offered me a perfect shot at 20 yards and the arrow hit perfectly. He only ran about 40 yards until stopping and laying down. He was just behind some ceder trees so I couldn't see him and not being sure if he expired, I waited about 45 min. until getting down . I walked over and there he was a beautiful high, thick antlered 7 pointer, that dressed out at 138 lbs. It's a good thing that my "good" spot has been flooded out with all the rain this past month, and I had to settle to hunt my # 2 spot. I was awarded with a great 8 pointer, and now this buck in the extended season...

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Congrats man Nice Buck..!!![up][up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congratulations on a fine buck!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Congrats Dan, looks like you're having a great season. You and my brother must have stepped in the same pile of "stuff"...he called me today to say he slammed another big one, bigger than the last one he killed on October 25th. That deer dressed 180 and had about a 110-115 inch rack. I haven't seen his buck from today yet, but my other brother that was with him said it's a biggun.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Congrats

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Beautiful....congrats!!![up][up][up]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts