New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yeah, I dressed up like a vampire. Got a few bags of candy, it was easy, I just beat up some little kids and took theirs. I only had to go about a block!:D

Oh you mean hunting.

Yeah, I sat in a blowdown from dark this morning till around Noon.

Saw two or three small bucks, 7 or 8 does, and two deer on the way out. One was a small eight, I couldnt tell what the other one was.

Kris came to film me, but he fell asleep. I had to wake him up so he could go to work. :D

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Zone 2 in the AM. Saw a small 3pt with his tail at half mast come by and then a small buck and a tiny spike chasing 2 does.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Went out this evening and didn't see anything except the two deer i bumped on the way out. Also to the guy who left the note on my car, no I am not the one using an atv on a WMA to bring corn back and no that is not my stand on the edge of the field where the corn is and the two trees are cut down. I actually ran into the guy last week who did this. I went in to do a little scouting at around 10:00 AM and he was there sitting in his stand over a freshly laid pile of corn with fresh atv tracks all the way in. Next time i see this guy i will remind him of the regulations regarding WMAS and also remind him that if this continues the fish & game will be called.

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Wish I could have been out today...Halloween,many years ago, I killed my biggest NJ buck ever 205 lb dressed,net score 131" as an 8 pointer,should have been a 10 pt 145" cl [no swearing please] but it was missing its brow tines. Since then,I've alaways like Halloween alot more than I used too!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I went out this afternoon...forgot that it now gets dark at around 5 15 instead of 6 15..got to the stand around 3 30.,..saw 2 deer..one a doe that took a different trail 45 yards past my stand and another deer that looked to be a decent buck..will be back out tomorrow

max

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great morning 11 mature does right under my stand sniffing my strap from my climber..they stayed for 30 minutes then a button buck bust onto one of them and chased..These does were easy 125#..they were constantly looking all around..I think a buck is servicing the area and they are waiyting there turn..Needless to say I will be there tommorrow am.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
MS22, I believe if a person is a parapalegic they can get a permit to use an atv on wma's. Where I hunt there was a very old man who got dropped off at his stand and then someone would pick him up later. They used an ATV. and this was on a wma.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
father in law went out today - stuck a 120 cl [no swearing please] 8 pointer - hit him in the shoulder. Good blood and saw the deer stumble in the distance. While he waited, saw 5 more bucks, including a great big 10. He left the area, to come back this afternoon to let the deer sit.

Went back tonight but did not get there till 4:30. Lost the blood, so he is going back tomorrow to look. Hopefully he got enough penetration to get through to the lung. Will know tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I have no problem with a person who is handicapped and cant walk to a stand, using an atv. In fact I am in favor of it because it allows those who couldn't normally hunt and opportunity to get out and enjoy what the rest of us do. But this guy didnt seem to be handicapped being that he was in a climber!!!! It may be just me but if you can climb a tree you can walk to your stand. Especially this stand since it isnt hard to get to at all. No trudging up or down ridges through thickets or anything. Just a flat straight walk to your stand. It seems that the only reason this guy uses his atv is to get his corn back to his bait pile. Bottom line is that physically fit people can not use atvs to access on WMAS. Nor can people cut down trees or damage vegetation. These things are illegal and make hunters look bad.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thanks- hope so too. no rain so might be able to pick up the blood, but I fear he may have gone back into one of the housing neighborhoods - price to pay for suberban deer - they can get old, but you can lose them if they don't get a good clean hit

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Very true Kah...I hunt a couple neighborhoods as well. The rain should not be here til tom. afternoon so you have plenty of time to find him.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Rain?

How did I miss that?[confused]

Anyway, I hope you guys can find it KAH. :)

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Matty it looks like the rain might hold off til after six so an afternoon hunt might be possible.

·
Registered
942 Posts
If he stuck him in the shoulder he more than likely hit the heart and that deer will not go that far...You should have no problem getting him tomorrow.....Good luck

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
My father-inlaw was driving past a cut cornfield at 12:30pm today and saw a monster of a deer walking across the field. Several cars were stopped to watch...the buck was only 50 yards off the road, very close to Parvin State Park, and according to him, would challenge the NJ state record typical if killed. If it's the same one that was showing up there in the summer, he is right, it could be close to Bordens record. This buck was spotted only 1/2 a mile from where the non-typical state record came from. They grow old and big in that park.

Here is the NT.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Seen around 20 deer tonight w/ no horns. My buddy hunting behind me about 400 yds seen 8 bucks. No shots fired, will try tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts