New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
learned a long time ago, if you value it dont leave it. I replaced my 5 year old stand that was stolen twice (first time it was relocated by a theif... less than 50 yards away) with a climber! only down side is I have to pack lighter. I wish people had morales that I was raised with, especially when it comes to hunting. Had some scum a few years ago eyeballing the inside of our truck. I took their photo first before asking them if they needed help. Which resulted in a spooked and departing dirtbag.

I wonder if F&W ever does anti theft operations... Probably too busy with everything else they have to do.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Haha.... you wanna steal my all steel doublewide ladder stands i will get some popcorn and watch cause your gonna earn it
That gave me a laugh. That's my attitude as well. It's such an efffort to get those suckers hauled into the woods and I chain mine up like fort knox with like 6 ratchet straps. I've never had any of those guys stolen.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
[QUOTE(Let me guess you didnt have anything locked up?[/QUOTE]

Dont matter any more. Someone Just took one of my trail cam and it was in a lock boxs with a cable around the tree. They must have seen it before and brought back bolt cutters. [wallmad]

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Got to think its almost gotten to the point where when people have their stands stolen, they almost are more incline to screw someone else in return. I wouldn't but it seems to happen so often that I can see how it would make someone question their own moral code when they stumble on someone else's stuff.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this was on public land in zone 27, simply trying to give people a heads up thats all. It was locked they cut it with bolt cutters, and i take the stand down every winter but its been put up in the same spot for five years now, last time i checked the WMA didnt have a cleaning crew to discard trash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts