New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I got to the farm late. It was 5:30 as I was walking to my stand and I kicked up (2) deer right under my stand..I Hate that..I just finished getting the safety belt on and I can hear another deer coming in..It was just before 6am when I saw it was a little 6 pt. He walked right to my tree and then stayed in the immediate area for 20 min...As soon as he left another small buck a 4 pt came in grunting and running all over..Saw another small buck at 50 yds at 8:30 am...I wanted to set another stand, so I got down at 9:15 and went to get my brother..When I approached he signaled me that there was a big buck in the thicket, I circled the thicket and slowly walked into it but didnt see the deer..I decided to Walk completely to the other side and see if I could push a deer past my brother..As I was walking I saw a doe in the trail, I crouched and she slowly walked towards me and when she saw my form , she decided to investigate. She came within 15 yards before she decided that she didnt like the situation and high tailed it out..I walked another 20 yards and then I see a different doe running in my direction with a nice buck (high 7 pt) on her tail.. I came to full draw and she noticed me at 20 yards and turned. I grunted to stop the buck, which he did for 2 sec. I rushed the shot and sailed the arrow over his back and into a tree..Muzzys dont like trees...The buck just kept following the doe but the doe didnt lead him back my way...I picked up my brother and he said I should be glad I missed because he saw a large 8 and the buck in the thicket was a wide 12..Then I Locked the keys in my truck with my gear. So I had to wait an hour for my wife to bring my extra set of keys...While we were waiting , we watched the 7 pt I missed chase the same doe across a field....Maybe luck will chage and I will see that 12 pt this afternoon..

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
wow that sucks. i stopped by your house but didn't see your truck. i know why now...lol

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I thought I had bad luck.:eek:

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Im sure it will all turn around for you. Like they say, its usually darkest before the dawn![up][up]

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I thought I had bad luck.
Matty, you don't have bad luck. You already have deer for the season.
Now I am a different story about bad luck. But no where near the amount of bad luck that Beaverkill has. That sucks. But atleast you are seeing deer.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I had one of those morning also. 5:45 a deer walks by , to dark to tell what it is, but by the size and the way it continued with out stoping I'm sure it was a buck, Then at around 7 it started, A spike walks past, 5" to big to shoot. Once out of sight a 5 pt comes by, every time one left another would come. I had 9 bucks walk by. 5 within 10 yds, 3 7pter's one which followed my trail right to my tree, I thought he was going to kiss it. Then while moving my stand for the pm hunt I kicked up a 6 50 yds from my other tree. In all I saw 10 bucks 5 which were very nice and I can't shoot because of this darn EAB. All I was hopping for was a button to be hanging out with the big guys.:D Plenty of bucks but no does.[sad]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
hey beaverkill did you do that right on 513? my buddy said he thinks someone hit a deer over there.

as for me only a small spike i saw in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Today sucked[down]it was to warm and i only saw one deer i have been seeing a bunch of them all week maybe the weather.
I will be out all day tuesday,friday and saturday hopefully some cooler weather moves in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts