New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a chance but, missed out. I had a bird come within about 60 yards but, completely behind me. I keep trying to call him in without moving. I didn't move but couldn't seal the deal and walk him in the rest of the way. Not completely disappointed I at least called him in thats a start. You see I am a first timer and hunt alone(don't know anyone that hunts close to me here in Jersey). So calling one in was a rush but, now that that's done I want a bird. Any suggestions on how you would have handled my situation. Thanks and good luck to all

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
njsportsman;
What zone you hunting? You'll find someone here to hunt with. I'm hunting zone 9 A&B then the rest of of season I'm between zones

·
Banned
5,619 Posts
When we go out (me & my dad) we put out "Decoys" if a Gobbler comes into the field alone, and sees the "Decoys" they are almost 100% Effective. And hell go running into them. We put the "Decoys" out and the game begins (SIT & WAIT) and call to them a few times every 10-15mins. If you dont have "Decoys" I would realy consider going to get about 2 or 3. [up]

But most importantly you said it felt like a Rush "Take Your Time and Relax" I know its hard but (this is the key). That Turkey isnt going anywere unless he sees you move or REALY gets spooky. [up]

What Zone are you hunting? Im in Zone 11 and "maybe 10".

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
njsportsman;
What zone you hunting? You'll find someone here to hunt with. I'm hunting zone 9 A&B then the rest of of season I'm between zones
Zone 15, I only have this week. I am thinking about seeing what lottery permits are available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts