New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunted for about 3 hours, has maybe 10 shots thru the gun at the range. Looks new and is perfect. Make an offer. These guns are really good shooters with light recoil.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a newer model and pretty clear. I'll take a close photo of it and post it. I have so many guns and scopes that I've lost track over the years.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
It's a newer model and pretty clear. I'll take a close photo of it and post it. I have so many guns and scopes that I've lost track over the years.

Thanks You but you don't need to, I am interested in the older Weaver scopes.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I have the same gun. Tack driver. I'm an inexperienced slug shooter, but I can nail 1 1/2" 5 shot groups at 125 yards with mine. That is with a rolled up jacket on the hood of my truck!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Browning, tell me what scope I need please. I guess 40 years of dropping deer in their tracks with scope set at 2 power hasn't taught me anything. OK maybe in Wyoming and Montana I cheated and turned the scope up to 4 power. Maybe I can actually shoot a gun?

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Browning, tell me what scope I need please. I guess 40 years of dropping deer in their tracks with scope set at 2 power hasn't taught me anything. OK maybe in Wyoming and Montana I cheated and turned the scope up to 4 power. Maybe I can actually shoot a gun?
hey whatever works for you,I'm not knocking it.I just prefer more power as do alot of guys.many of us use 4x or 2x7,etc especially with a gun that can consistently group at over 100 yards.I've killed plenty of deer myself with a fixed 2.5x but my eyes are not what they used to be.
I'm in no way questioning your hunting ability or marksmanship.good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
128 Posts
2x7 leupold is ideal

If fixed, 3-4 is about right, depending of course where you hunt. in the thick stuff a un magnified dot scope is good

My H&R 20ga prefered the lightfields, but the hornadys did ok also witha bit more velocity. The Lightfields would do 3" 5 shot groups through a 100yd tunnel. Tough to beat the performance for the $

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
10 Ga, we're cool. Gets me when guys buy $1200 scopes then go out west and miss, then find out they should actually go to the range and learn to shoot. I see it every time I go to Cherry Ridge. Sako, I'll try the Lightfields, heard great things about them. Love the Leo 2-7s, have a few.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i have the same gun i love that thing [up]

My H&R 20ga prefered the lightfields
same here

1 - 20 of 36 Posts