New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to White Lake today and find a nice spot on an edge of a cliff where my buddy and his father have seen bears. Well about 710 I hear a shot right next to me. I figured it was from the next nob over where there was a guy watching a corn field. Then about 2 minutes later I hear another shot and a 3rd about 2 5 minutes after the second. Well after that 3rd shot I heard this gut wrenching moan. I knew what that was. I watch for a while as they look for it. I walk down to where they were and there was a 200 lb bear.
They guy said that as he walked across a field he saw the bear. He took him with a muzzy. The bear was walking towards me. It sure would have been cool to take a bear as my first muzzy harvest. I still got 3 days though.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i used to hunt white lake. alot of bears there. i used to hunt across the lake for deer.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats where we were in the morning. I followed a bunch of tracks. Only problem was there were so many boot marks that once the track got there they would follow the boots. It was hard to tell where the tracks went. Only good set of tracks I followed lead to private property behind the lake.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't they have bears in Vermont? Or is it that we have more?

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 07 Dec 2005 10:12 PM

Currently Online Posts: 3543
I saw a few cars with Vermont plates on Sunday in zone 4
Zone 4 gets tons or New England hunters. Last week during muzzle loader I meet a guy from M [no swearing please] who I immediatly asked, "How do you people keep re-electing Kennedy & Kerry?" A asked him this as I pointed out my "Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry" bumper sticker.
There was also a group from Maine. Both the Maine & M [no swearing please] guys were by the Knob.

Two years ago I meet two guys from Quebec over by Buttermilk Falls.

There is also a less surprising, but substaintial, number of PA & NY hunters in zone 4.

The only other place in NJ I have ever seen out of state hunters is Waywayanda in zone 3. Hunters from Warwick NY can walk out of their house to hunt Wayway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts