New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
My mother lives next door. Good thing she sold all her banned assault weapons years ago to pay for overpriced meds.

The leghold trap was a key player in the settleing of this country and now you can not even have one in your home.
I know people who've inherited some really old ones and use them as wall-hangers/curios.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
you can have them.but they must not be in working order. meaning, weld them open.
this is what two co's told us in a trapping class setting. there was a small long spring hanging on the wall were our test was being given. but this is just two co's opinion, but the one's i have around me.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
So how does one get rid of the traps. Trash? Maybe the state should have turn in places. If someone isn't awelder do they go pay a welder to weld them open?

All BS. and why because we don't stand and fight![smirk]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
sell the heritage of the trapper for scrap iron.
or pay to keep them open.
you can go to a lot of antique dealers in this state and se them hanging on the wall. but if a outdoorsman is caught with one, look out.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
The leghold trap was a key player in the settleing of this country and now you can not even have one in your home.
Or hanging on your back fence....[down]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[rofl] i like the title of this...
Guy busted for possesion of Leg hold trap amongst other offenses

loll along with that there was roids, hypodermic syringes, and coke in his place as well as the gator, skull, guns,loll the trap is the least of this guys worries [hihi]

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
"Police also charged Blasko with possession of steroids and cocaine along with possession of a hypodermic syringe."

Well that was damn nice of them, for a minute it seemed drug possession was trivial compared to the other charges.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
So how does one get rid of the traps.
you call me & I smuggle them out of state.
Maybe the state should have turn in places.
There was. People turned their traps in at Clinton WMA when I worked there. What happened to them I can't really say LOL
the lease he gave permission for maintenance workers to enter his apartment to conduct necessary periodic maintenance work.
NJ Renter's bill of right requires at least 24 hr notice before they enter. I know because my daughter was pet sitting (my cat) & the maintenance workers entered her apartment. She got a fined for unlic. cat & an eviction notice. When she went to court for the ticket she had the "renter's bill of rights" Judge threw the ticket out & they couldn't evict her. Oh I still didn't my cat a lic.. LOL

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
This is complete and total bullshit and I for one, am sick of it. I can understand a warrant being secured to enter the home for exotic pets since they were seen and require a permit... but why did the police need to be involved and why did they search for his guns? And Im not buying the "laying around" justification... and even if they were, why was he presumed guilty before hand? I hate the f-ing state and cant wait to get out of here!! A

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.