New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,464 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
This guy Jim Flyn seems to be the sh*t....I see his name everywhere for the northern guys...he should include a free oil change while u wait for NICS. no joke. Nothing but good things I've read about him except that thread from a few years ago where ducati tried to get a price or something and he never called him back every other person had good things to say...

Jim Flyn[up]

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I would not recommend Heritage guile to my worst enemy.

Wayne Boan at Boans Marine in Lambertville has done right by me. Ordered me pistols and has done my FFL transfers. Really small shop. Not fancy at all.

1296 New Jersey 179
Lambertville, NJ 08530-3503
(609) 397-3311

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Heritage Guild on 22 East in Branchburg
Tanner's in Jamison, PA
Clayton's on Easton Road in Horsham, PA (just bought a new Beretta there yesterday)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
why would you use sportsmans as a last resort ?He's pretty fair ,I bought a few their
The old guy at the back counter grumbles and groans if you ask to see a gun. Bought a rifle there and you would have thought I was pulling the guy's teeth out of him and it took them forever to do the paperwork. On one occasion, I asked if they could order me a particular rifle and again, they were not interested enough to help me out.

Have a gun shipped there and they will charge you the NICS fee, $40 transfer, and if they carry the gun they will hit you for another $50 on top of charging you sales tax.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
max most of their business is trade in. they sell used guns for way over price and asking them a simple questions is like pulling teeth. i have used them in the past for other outdoor needs for fishing and camping as well as paintball and ammo for my other long guns that were passed down to me. i would much rather spend my time going out to cabelas to buy ammo and make a day trip with some buddies. i never liked sportsmans. just walking in there i cringe and wonder how they are still in business. they have the same stuff on the walls in there from when i was a kid in the early 90s

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Id be glad their still in bussiness ,its a pain owning a store in nj that sell guns and ammo .with all the bull they have to put up with .I try to help out the locals .Like I said +400.00 on a trade from them over another local store.What are you looking to buy ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im waiting on my fid card and pistol permit. im looking for a 1911. and im all for supporting local business but they have just rubbed me the wrong way from the times i have been in there. and their prices in the past have been pretty high and have not seemed to want to work with the customer at all.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Heritage Guild folks are pretty helpful, prices their are pretty good too.

Be prepared to wait if you get from Jim Flynn. He does usually have good prices, but be prepared to wait when his truck repair shop is busy, and his lead times to order are also long. Nice enough guy to deal with.

Either place is fine by me, good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.