New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's co-worker lives in JC and is looking to go target shooting. He currently drives out to PA to do this. He doesn't own any firearms or even have a ID card. Anyone know any ranges in the area with gun rentals? Thanks, -Angel

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Angel, I don't think there is any in NJ. I think in MY there is and I am sure someone here can tell you but NJ, I doubt it.

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
747 Posts
If he wants to use a shotgun ..... Thunder Mountain Trap & Skeet in Ringwood State Park. If he buys the shells from them, they lend the gun, no charge (at least thats the way it used to be). Don't know how much the rental fee is. Nice people, nice relaxed place for a newbie to learn (little 20ga autoloaders, newbie training area).

I've bought guns from Caso's little gun shop in Jersey City. He's involved in shooting, NRA. Maybe your buddy could call Caso's and ask.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I second thunder mountain for skeet/trap shooting. If he's looking for rifle practice, maybe give Davis Sports in NY a call. I know they have a range in Goshen NY, don't know if they rent guns though.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
You can rent handguns and 22 rifles at Shore Shot in Lakewood. Not exactly in your neighborhood but the closest rental place that I can think of.
I am surprised to hear this since it must be an insurance issue.
Years ago there was a place in Lodi/Garfield on RT 46 called Centaur Firearms. They rented guns there until some nut case rented one and blew his brains out on the firing line.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I am surprised to hear this since it must be an insurance issue.
Been to Sure shot a number of times, they have range officers keeping their eye on everyone. They ain afraid to confront someone doing something stupied either.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
There is a place called The Firing Line, just over the N.J. border from River Vale in Pearl River, N.Y. located on N. Middletown Road. You can rent any of their handguns to shoot on their range. You just have to buy their ammo. No handloads. Here's the link:
http://www.firinglineny.com/

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
theirs a hand gun range in hoboken and bayonne but no rentals the one in bayonne is at 16th street park
dont know the open to the public hours its used heavily by the pd but their are public hours

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
thunder mountain still lets you use their guns if you buy their ammo. Good place to shoot some rounds with friends, and the price isn't that bad. It has gone up, but I still go once or twice a year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.