New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Now thats TRUE AMERICAN, brings a tear to my eye....I'm so proud to be true AMERICAN[up]:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
IF JERSEY WAS LIKE THAT ,I NO WE WOULD HAVE LESS CRIME, TRY TO TAKE A PICTURE LIKE THAT IN JERSEY
AND SEE HOW MUCH SH$T YOU KICK UP. [up][up]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Okay so I have liked it here so far, it's been just over a month and the hunting weather is awesome, there are tree's ( tall treesfor most of texas the tallest tree is a mesquite tree..lol) and real forests. And seems to be lots of public land unfenced. That is great and all but hell it seems like in order to own/buy a gun you gotta get a permit to get a permit to get a permit. Back home I just went the store ( gun store obviously) the guy ran my social and dl# and such and anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe a day depending on how deep they ended up haveing to search I walked away with my gun. I still have not figured out how much it is gonna cost me to register the ones I already have here in south jersey. Hell I thought they were already registered! lol [confused] I remember filling out some paperwork but I guess that was not enough.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
You don't have to register guns that you legally purchased in another state when moving to NJ.

In order to purchase a gun in NJ you will need a firearms purchasers permit. Go to your local police department for the paperwork.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
The picture is as it should be.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey bloodtrails thanks for the information, it was truly helpful! I was made to believe that I had to re-register firearms that I had already purchased ( legally of course). ! To change the subject, this will be the first time I have hunted on public land of any sort and also the first time to hunt outside of Texas. Do I have to first get my NJ DL before I can get an in state hunting license and will te hunters ed I took through the Texas parks and wildlife hold up here or do I have to go through that again? Again thanks for all the help, u guys have been nothing but kind![up][up][up]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
No problem, NJ firearms laws can be very confusing. I would suggest you pick up a book titled "Nappen II". This book is a grat reference for all our screwed up firearms laws. Many sporting goods stores have them but I think you can also get it at www.evannappen.com.

Your hunters ed from TX should be fine to get a license here.

I'm not sure what license agents need exactly to prove residency but having a drivers license is probably the best proof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts