New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone guess what this deer would score? I know the pic is very cruddy, it's the best I could get with a cell phone pic.

And yes, this is a NJ deer.

Also, any guess on age, I know the picture doesn't really show enough body, but it's a big bodied deer.

I may or may not be able to reveal it's exact age at a later date.;):p[hihi]

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
200+ but I suck at scoring.........I'd say 5 1/2yrs.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, heres the deal on this deer.

It was born in May of 2006 in ******* NJ.

My uncles friend raised him on his deer farm.

The buck is only 3.5 years old.

Now, contrary to what many say, they do not "genetically alter the deer". No steroids, no chemicals, no funny business. They just breed the best bucks with the best does.

They bred a great buck from a good bloodline with a doe that has produced tremendous offspring all her life as well. I believe she was 5 at the time she gave birth to this guy.

Then they give them great feed. It's like they get the perfect balanced diet, like a pro athelete would get.

Anyways, I haven't seen the deer in person since it was 1.5. At which time it already grew like a 130" rack and he weighed a LOT. He looked like a 3.5 year old deer back then. I think he actually looks a little thinner here....but anyways.

I'm gonna go with my uncle to get some fresh scent from the farm soon, and I'll take a look at the bucks he has. Try to get some better pix of this buck if he didnt cut the antlers off yet.

Some of the bucks that he grows, do go to Tim Matthews preserve. I think they are bought as breeders, not to shoot, but I could be wrong.

Just goes to show that if they get the best nutrition possible and have good genetics, they grow giant racks.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
matty,

fresh scent is always good, where can you get it? Online or just at the farm, pm me if you want.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Just a guess but it's hard to judge from the photo 170 inches. I'd say the deer is 6.5 years old. Like sugar said it's a main frame 8

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Unless he was born in march he's probaby 3 not 3.5 lol. At any rate nice deer. I would be very surprised if that deer is a 3 year old but if he those are some amazing genetics. Awesome[up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
It is a fact that the deer is 3.5 years old.

We will take quality photos shortly, if the rack was not cut off.

Sugar or Salt whatever your name is LOL That was HILARIOUS LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.