New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Depends-

Tree stand now, but I do like to work the snow.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a climbing tree stand and a ground blind. But the blind is not big enough to draw my bow in.

·
Registered
545 Posts
DEPENDS ON AREA AND COVER AND WHAT I AM HUNTING WITH - I DO ENJOY HUNTING HARDWOODS WITH THE SLUG GUN AND BEING ON THE GROUND - JUST NEED TO KNOW THE AREA AND IF OTHER HUNTERS ARE AROUND

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I hunt state land. When it comes to the gun seasons, I stay on the ground. Sometimes I like to be able to get up and move a little when I want to without having to carry around the treestand.

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have never gone deer hunting during the 6 day. How would the Saturday be to hunt. Would there be alot of people out? Or do most people go during the week.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I hunt the Berkshire Valley WMA I stay on the ground. There is no way I'm going to lug my climber up the mountain then deal with pushing deer and worrying about where I'm going to leave it. On the other hand when I hunt zone 8 my Summit is with me 90% of the time.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Once the lead start's flying I feel a little safer on the ground....
Really??? [confused] I'm the total opposite. On opening day with shotgun, there's no way you'll find me on the ground on state land. Too many bullets flying around.

David

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
On state land I am on the ground. I hardly hand state land for deer and will walk to find them. On my private property I will be in my stand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts