New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[down] I herd a guy got shot this morning and herd some arguments broke out, was talkin to a friend who went early informed me. Decided to hunt no dog today not trying to risk my dog getting shot. Weather report said rain [hihi] 90% pellet rain, got rained on atleast 6 times today[hihi] [down] at 11 am really ??. Saw Orange aramy stormin through fields, never knew greenwood turned into collier mills [wallmad]. Kinda glad im only attending one more stocking day [down] I got 2 birds missed a few more[hihi] [hihi]theres your report.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There were so many preople cause, to Many guys posted about goin there, and giving directions..... All the times I have been to greenwood I rarely get within 150 yards of another person now place is done.. Guys running all over shooting at low flying birds...You really cant quail hunt without a dog and that's he problem,all the jackasses with no dogs running all over tryin to flush other guys birds....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I am not sure just posting to this website caused the extra traffic. Seems like everybody figured it out.

It is just a natural migration. I will avoid it.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Went to Greenwood, on Saturday and Tuesday morning. Yes, it was an army. Lots of labs and retrievers.

But avoid the crowds, and things will work out.

Are you out there to kill? OR are you out there to have a good time and run your dog?

I hardly seen anyone after the first field, and still manage to get a couple. Great days for me and Gunnar.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I was shocked to see the parking lot filled on Tuesday AM. But the Orange army thined out into the fields and I had a great day hunting with my English Pointer.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should make more quail wma central and down south, this way all of nj not huntin on two wma [hihi], also some people who hunt without a dog are not asshles. I hunt without dog sometimes and I see who the asshles are, it would obv be the orange armys. When I go I pass up birds just to walk around and enjoy nice greenwood.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You want to add more head high shots into an already overcrowded hunt?????????
Well lets see more areas too hunt, means crowds are spread out more. Also from what Ive noticed alot of people like walking into other people at greenwood, maybe thats why people get shot. Hopefully next year it will go back to normal at greenwood [eyeroll]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe the state should just stop stocking birds all together. That would stop people bitching about having to pay $40 for a stamp, and stop the uncontrolled number of people marching the fields in formation and shooting at everything that moves.

Then the state can start operating WMA's like preserves. People who want to can make reservations, pay for their birds, and have a good time hunting in a safe limited access environment. People who act irresponsibly or unsafely would be told to leave and not permitted to hunt on state property again.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i went last saturday hunted the first field on the left not one quail . but everyone went to the back fields it was like a army of orange then it was like a war zone. i still hunted at my on pace [down] no birds.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
The last time I ever went to a WMA was assunpink about 15 yrs a go during buck week and guys were trying to shoot pheasants in the air with buckshot.Never again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts