New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a great day !! My Father 73 years old hasnt hunted in NJ in the last 20yrs Has a place in PA and hunts there every year. My son and nephew both 13 years old are in their 3 rd year hunting they always talked about wanting to hunt with their Pop. My older brother and myself always hunted together with our Dad.. Well last week my Dad calls and says I want to hunt with you guys on Saturday , Very shocked but happy none the less my son and nephew were excited and happy. Dad shows up at the house at 5:00am were in the woods by 5:30am put him in a ground blind and we take our stands mid morning we meet up with my brother and nephew I ask were's Dad he wants to stay in the blind (Napping LOL) We try to track a deer I shot yesterday and lost the blood trail we go back and look around my son and nephew spot some more blood we follow it get to a flooded area of the woods and lose it so we spread out look for another 30 minutes and nothing as we start exciting the woods into a field about 12 deer(does) are on a dead run through the field my son almost sh*ts himself along with my nephew saying look at all those deer my son throws the gun up lets a shot off and turn the deer toward us on a dead run I put the scope on 1 and hit it broad side drops about 20yds from us my son and nephew shoot but dont hit any they cant stop talking about it . I said theres the 1 I hit ,, The excitement on their faces that a deer was killed on the first hunt with the Pop was awesome.. It was a Great day 3 generations in the woods together.. Sorry for the long post but thought it was worth sharing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts