New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN ) for 6 am. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG ) He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA) After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (made in MALAYSIA ), John decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA AND NOW HE'S HOPING HE CAN GET HELP FROM A PRESIDENT MADE IN KENYA Y'all gotta Keep this one circulating, please!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Interesting post. America does import a lot of goods but thats because most greedy American companies manfature all their products overseas because its cheaper.

And as far as Obama the only people made in this country that are not from somewhere else are the American Indians. And they got it worse than any of us. You know how bad the lndians got it?When's the last time you met two lndians? You ain't never met two lndians. Iv'e seen all types of families, white, black, chinese, italian..but neer an indian family.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
made in this country that are not from somewhere else are the American Indians
no there andsesters had to come from some where to thay are the 1st but thay are not Native to North America

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
America does import a lot of goods but thats because most greedy American companies
Maybe because they need to make a profit? Maybe the taxes and the government Bureaucracy makes it almost impossible to do business in the USA?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Maybe because they need to make a profit? Maybe the taxes and the government Bureaucracy makes it almost impossible to do business in the USA?
I agree with you thats part of the problem. But also Americans need and want higher salaries than the working class of SRI LANKA. A little bit of it is greed, lets be honest.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You know how bad the lndians got it?When's the last time you met two lndians?
I think it was at Foxwoods. JK[hihi]
I do admit, they got screwed, but dont they live on tax free reservations now if they want to.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
no there andsesters had to come from some where to thay are the 1st but thay are not Native to North America
Now youre going WAY back! Are you referring to the migration that happned some 12,000 years ago? Thats when the land bridge that connected the two continents across..think its called the Bering Strait. They were called Paleoindians (The orginal hunters). They came from somewhere but its so long ago.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Interesting post. America does import a lot of goods but thats because most greedy American companies manfature all their products overseas because its cheaper.
Its not "greedy American Companies", its American's themselves that cause the problem. American's want companies to make cheap products through environmentaly sound means, and paying decent salaries. that ='s $$$$$

We want to pay $400 or less for that 32" big screen HDTV. based upon prevailing American wages, and environmental regulations-you can't make that TV for less than $800 in the US. Those "greedy companies" are giving Americans what they ask for--- the best value for their $$$. While most of us would exclaim in public (I buy American), in reality, we go to Walmart and buy the biggest we can get for the money we have-regardless of where it was made.

If you want to know why US manufacturing has gone oversees, just look around your house for those cheap quality products made in China and Hong Kong.

If you truly want to bring industry back to America, then do the research, and buy only American-but don't be surprised when you pay 50% more due to taxes, regulations, and American wages.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
The current U.S. corporate tax system is unusual because it taxes income that US based companies make in other countries, even if they already paid foreign taxes on that income. That makes U.S.-based companies less competitive than, say, Irish firms that don't pay taxes on foreign income and aren't hit by double taxation.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Now youre going WAY back! Are you referring to the migration that happned some 12,000 years ago? Thats when the land bridge that connected the two continents across..think its called the Bering Strait. They were called Paleoindians (The orginal hunters). They came from somewhere but its so long ago.
So its ok for you to reference history to refute current events... but someone else cant reference history to refute your history? Sure that makes sense.[eyeroll]

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
So its ok for you to reference history to refute current events... but someone else cant reference history to refute your history? Sure that makes sense.
Please explain what you mean by this. I referenced history on see dog's comments stating that the native americans did come from somewhere else and agreeded with him...When did I say someone cant reference history to refute my history? And what history are you talking about?

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
if you want to go back further then you could say we are all related...we all came from the same ape...so when you buy a product from Japan it actually from your cousin. [confused][confused]

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
the only people made in this country that are not from somewhere else are the American Indians
not true... I was made in the back seat of a Ford at the Ledgewood drive in movie theater and I was born in Dover, so I'm 100% American and 100% NJ

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
And as far as Obama the only people made in this country that are not from somewhere else are the American Indians.
You seem to be saying, we are all imigrants except the native americans (who came across the bering land bridge during the last ice age). Its seems you're trying to refute or make more acceptable the presumption that Obama is Kenyan born by saying "we're all immigrants in some way." Quite frankly the two have nothing to do with each other since the law of our country says you must be native born to be president.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Its seems you're trying to refute or make more acceptable the presumption that Obama is Kenyan born by saying "we're all immigrants in some way." Quite frankly the two have nothing to do with each other since the law of our country says you must be native born to be president.
Youre right the two have nothing to do with each other. The email is pressuming that Obama is from Kenya so the two dont have anything to do with each other. At the same time it seems like the email is suggesting that his ethic background has somethng to do with our current president and how we have been importing goods in this country for years, which it doesnt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts