New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only shot two deer in my life, and I've butchered both of them myself. I feel grateful to Ringwoodboy for his "clinic" last fall, and combined with watching a ton of videos on Youtube, I managed to do fairly well. My first deer was small, and it offered me the opportunity to take my time and feel successful with my cuts. I did made my share of mistakes learning the anatomy of a deer. Thank god for symmetry - I always did better on the second cuts... I felt confident and excited when it came time to butcher my second deer. I got more creative and cut osso buco from the shanks and made neck roasts. In addition, I made a bacon wrapped heart and cooked it up. I served it with sautéed onions, and it was killer. I know that soon I will need to find a real butcher, because I desire more interesting cuts of meat besides stew, straps, steaks, roasts, neck cut, ground, and strips. I've had some really good jerky and slimjims/beer sticks, and I desire more. Today, I found this great video that demonstrates how to make some interesting roasts, boned-in, and more. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
either that is one big dude, or thats some kind of pygmy deer lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts