New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/nj_bear_hunt_is_over_but_battl.html

"Last year was a great start to stabilize the population," Chanda said. "Over the next few hunts, we’re going to want to see the population come down. If necessary, we’re going to make adjustments based on what we’re seeing."

That’s not good news for animal-rights activists who again waged and lost court battles to prevent this year’s hunt and continued to publicly protest the hunt all week.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They also say the DEP’s methodology of counting bears is geared toward promoting a hunt.

"(The DEP) is making this up as they go along," said Angela Metler, director of the Animal Protection League of New Jersey. "They want hunters to be happy."
[cry][cry][cry][cry][cry][cry]

On Monday, Stephen Nemeth, a 16-year-old from Harmony Township, found and shot a 600-pound bear, which family and neighbors said regularly feasted on bird-feeders, dragged trash cans and occasionally frightened kids while they waited at the school bus stop.

"He was terrorizing the neighbors. He ain’t going to terrorize them no more," said Charles Nemeth, Stephen’s father, while at the Pequest bear check-in station.
[up][up][up][up][up][up]

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
i passed up a bear opening day last year and this year they were not the size i was looking for the only negative thing about the bear hunt is that it is bringing too many people around that do not respect the land people bait the bears and leave their 50gallon drums and garbage in the woods clean up ur garbage losers i dont like to look at that shit before entering the woods [confused]

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
how many bruins killed this year?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
776 is a really big bear. Nice article. Anyone hear about the 829 pound bear killed yesterday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.