New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JB just triggered a flashback to my Grandfather. His words of wisdom for the secret to a happy life:

“Get a job that you enjoy and look forward to going to in the morning, and find a wife that you can’t wait to come home to at night.”

For an immigrant from Holland with only a third grade education he was a pretty smart fellow.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
great quote! with the job i'd say about 80% of the time i feel that way, but its 100% of the time with the woman[up]

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Awesome. I'm truly blessed to have both.

Great words of wisdom from your Grandfather. Have a great day [up][up][up]

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
You got a better chance of winning the lottery then getting those 2!
Sooooo NOT TRUE and by saying that I see you have "Miles to go before you sleep" much to learn so good luck on your jurney the sooner you figure out how to find both the sooner you will know contentment.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
[up][up] Great Stuff. wrong woman + wrong job = misery

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
For an immigrant from Holland with only a third grade education he was a pretty smart fellow.
My Dad only had a 2nd education from Ukraine and although he worked in the factories of Paterson and carpentry, when he came here, he appreciated making a better life for his family and America.

Of course I appreciate everything he has done for us. Sometimes I wish I lived in an earlier era. Sure technology today is great but what you didn't know you didn't know. Quality of life for sure had to be better. I remember Sunday going to church and a day of rest. Parents would never let me do work like cut the grass, it was a day for being with family and friends. Nowadays its just another day to get things done.

My wife is awesome so no problems there.
Happy to have a good job too, though I can't say "I look forward to it every day"[hihi]

You look forward to spending time with family, friends, hunting , fishing etc...

Work to Live, not Live to Work!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
X2 John on that info you posted, It was a simpler time, and in some respects it was better.
It's funny in life, when we were younger, we knew it all,wouldn't listen to an old person for a second when they were talking and giving advice. As we get older, hopefully wiser, we start to realize we are not re-inventing the wheel. People have been in our positions before, with the stresses of life, jobs, family, and everyday stuff we deal with.
So for me anymore, at the young age of 47, when I run into an "ole timer" I listen, especially if they are successful in life and love. They have a lot to offer, so LISTEN and learn from mistakes others make. Just because school ended for most in high school and college, does not mean one needs to stop learning and progressing.
And yeah, I'm happy. Got a great life, great family, a wife that's easy on the eye's and a great girl also.
Great advice there John Koty's, you should be proud of your Grandfather.

****My Motto: Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Make em happy guy's and they will be your best friend.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.