New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was about 4:15pm and I heard movement come from inside the pines. About ten minutes later I saw the bear's head peak out of the timber & what seemed like forever, she would not move. Finally bear took three steps and gave me a quarteing away shot at 85 yards. I had to shoot offhand because I had forgoten my shooting sticks in the truck, I put the crosshair on her, took a deep breath & squeezed the trigger, BOOM!! I saw the bear take the hit & run off into the pines. Shortly after I heard the death "growl" that made the hairs on my A$$ stand up & render salute. (Something I will never forget) I quickly walked down to look for a blood trail, but much to my surprise there was little to no blood at all. I tracked that bear along w/ Dave for about 90 yards on my hands & knees. Finally found it underneath a white pine in the thickest, nastiest brush you could think of. It took me close to 1 1/2hrs to pull it out of where it was. It dressed out at 203lbs. What an awesome experience to have right here in our own home state!!:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't see any deer on the property at all. Personaally I think the amount of bear that are there run them off.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
CONGRATS!!![up][up]

Did farmer Dave help drag her out?:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.