New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after alot of thinking and deciding on a brand i came across a browning bps gold trigger series in mint condition. its got a smoothbore barrel with rifle sights but ill get it drilled and tapped for a scope in february. id like to find a field barrel or rifled barrel. i only paid 225 for the gun . its a shame that people sell thier guns near xmas but with obama in the house we are all in trouble. we really need ted nugent in there
[hihi][hihi]

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im a sucker for wood stocks and this browning has the select high grade walnut . ill get the kid to post a pic. if anyone has a field barrel laying around please pm me[up][up][up][up][up]

·
Banned
8,451 Posts
thats a steal.def get a rifled barrel so you can shoot sabots.rifled slugs are great for deer but they drop alot compared to the high tech sabots they make now.unless if you hunt the pines i use iron sights here in the pines

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
You got a DEAL on that BPS. I bought a Hastings rifled barrel with cantilever mount for mine and it's the only slug gun I've ever used in NJ. I'd look into a cantilever barrel instead of drilling and tapping.

Mine also has the high grade walnut in a a great gloss varnish, it's held up great for the 16 years I've had it and it's the only gun I've ever bought new.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can get a scope mount kit that wouldn't require drilling. I added one to mine. The rifled slug barrels for the BPS are expensive. I shoot a smooth bore slug barrel and never seem to get good groupings.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
mike that gun patterns 3.5 inch buckshot insanely goood for the type of hunting u dl I would make no changes. go to the range and pattern with buckshog

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Brian it has a 3 inch chamber not 3.5

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I thought all bps were 3.5????

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
maybe the newer ones not this one though 2 3/4 and 3 inch its the gold trigger series

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Mine is 1995 model and chambered in 2.5 and 3" only.

The rifled slug barrels for the BPS are expensive
Yes, back in '95, I paid almost $400 for the barrel but it is accurate and the cantilever mount is a better alternative to drilling, especially if you swap barrels back and forth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts