New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some new stuff put on my bow yesterday and man is it shooting sweet. What's everybodies setups looking like this year? I'm shooting a Parker Blackhawk ezdraw at 70lbs with a G5 expert 2 rest, G5 Xr2 sight, G5 meta peep, G5 Tekan heads,and Easton axis arrows. I'm really putting em in there. The new sight I got is really awesome. I set my fixed pin for zero to 25 yards. Then I have a floating pin that I can actually dial to the yard. The sight is a little pricey at 199.99 but well worth it in my opinion. Can't wait to bust some lungs with this bad boy. Post your set ups here guys.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ron from Sportman's center did a great job as always on my bow. While I was there I was talking with a guy from Staten Island that came all the way down to have Sportsman's Center do his work. I couldn't believe that. Just goes to show how good their work is that somebody would travel that far just to get bow work done. I came from Bucks county and though I was coming a ways..

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Sounds like a nice setup. I went with the Matthews DXT from MIke at A&M. It has a copper john sight rip cord drop away..not too sure what kind of stabilizer but it shoots nice. Im ordering a lone wolf sit and climb from pv216 thenI just gotta get a HSS and some camo and broadheads and I think im set

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like your getting some nice new toys. I've heard nothing but good about the lone wolf. I also use the hunter safety system and I use the lifeline when hunting portables. it really keeps you safe when assending and descending from portable treestands.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice. What are you shooting Hunters Dad?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Nothing really new for me except some limbsavers to quite down some vibration I had. Shooting an Archery Research AR-34 at 60lbs with a Trophy Ridge dropzone rest, Trophy Ridge mantis pendulum sight, Easton carbonaeros and Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade broadheads.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that AR is a really nice bow.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it aint broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Hunters dad keep shooting it. I have a 2003 Reflex I just had my second girl in May. The bow still shoots like day one the arrows go right where my pin points and the arrows blow through deer.. A new bow can wait. If I wasnt buying diapers and formula so much I could have 2 Alpha Max's

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
UltraMag77....I noticed you're using the G5 Tekans...are they the originals or the Tekan II's? How long have you been using them? Any issues with them? Do they really fly like field points?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is the first year I'm shooting the Tekans they are the originals and yes they fly like field points. They have a 1.5 inch cut after opening. I can't wait to bust a few lungs with em

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.