New Jersey Hunters banner

Got my Florida Issued Concealed Carry Permit

5K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  rfisc 
#1 ·
Sent out my app for the concealed carry permit on Februaury 21, and received it June 15.

Heard alot of stories how backed up they were, and the app said it would take about 90 days.

So it took almost 4 months instead of three. Not bad. Want to take some gun defense courses now and look into the insurance.

#2 ·
Sweet! I sent in my app in mid to late March, so I guess I have about a month left, if mine takes the same amount of time as yours.

Are you referring to personal umbrella insurance or is there special insurance for carrying? In what states do you plan to carry and how often?

#3 ·
getting printed for mine and my pistol permits since i havent been printed in the past 2 years [wallmad] on tuesday! then its in the mail

#5 ·
you can carry a Concealed firearm in 20+ states including PA with a Florida non-res carry permit(where my girlfriend lives and i spend alot of time)

#6 ·
Be careful about this - Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, West Virginia, South Carolina, and New Hampshire do NOT honor "non-resident" permits such as a NJ resident with a FL permit. I believe that WV just passed a new law opening them up to more reciprocity, though, so this may change for them.

Go to this link and click on FL, then "non-resident" and you'll see where a NJ resident w/ only a FL permit may carry:
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

#7 ·
oops i did copy the wrong link! i forgot that we were talking non-resident for a half of a second and my mind did its own thing.

#8 ·
oops i did copy the wrong link! i forgot that we were talking non-resident for a half of a second and my mind did its own thing.
No problem. I just wouldn't want to see any of you guys get busted thinking you were legally carrying based on a non-resident permit in a state that doesn't honor it...

#9 ·
you're right..thanks!..i have the map printed out at home with all my florida permit stuff but i just wasnt thinkin while im at work..[hihi] go figure

#12 ·
#14 ·
this is way cool! i'm going to apply.
unless you're planning to carry in the state of FL, I would get the Utah permit instead. Utah is better because it costs less and you don't have to send new fingerprints every couple of years. Utah also gives you 2 more states than FL (WA & MN). One drawback to Utah is that you can't carry in FL with the Utah permit and must have the FL permit to carry as a non-resident in FL. Another drawback is that you need to take a course given by a Utah instructor.

#17 ·
no property needed.

#20 ·
#21 ·
To get the Utah permit, which is better, you need to take a course taught by a Utah certified instructor. Thats where im out.

To get the florida permit, any course you ever took, including shotgun for hunting, which just shows you took some kind of gun training/safety class will do. With the florida issued permit, a couple of states will honor that permit, which one of them is PA.

With the insurance, as another member brought up, if you ever had to use your gun in self defense, you will still prob need to go to court which will prob cost 30 to 40 thousand. So im not sure what kind of insurance you would call, but im going to be looking into that. A def must for anyone who might want to carry. I will find the link to that post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.