New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad is almost 70 and hog hunting has been on the list for many years. My parents snow bird for 6 weeks in Fort Myers and I have off from work this week.. I took my 4 year old down and we've been enjoying the beach.. nice to catch fish in February!

We went to Honey Hole and our guide was awesome. Dad and I both harvested hogs with our bows and my little guy was freaking out when we got home.lol A couple of PSE bows.. dad went with his old school Kolpin broadheads and my Ramcats did a good job slicing up the liver and lung.

I'm very grateful for this years season.. 4 deer on public land and 165lbs of good eats that I butchered myself.. This hog is gonna bring that freezer to capacity! Looking forward to the feast!!!
IMG_0216.jpg IMG_0217.jpg IMG_0213.jpg

·
Registered
12,710 Posts
Nice! Had they been eating any grain? Your Dad looks like he had a blast. Thanks for sharing. [up]

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice off season hunt.....some good meat to enjoy plus great father and son memories... Sounds like awesome day to me..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Very nice story. Used to spend hours with my old man just talking, playing cards, shooting at the range. Miss him very much. This is a very nice story indeed.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Post the guides name so more of us can take part.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dad is almost 70 and hog hunting has been on the list for many years. My parents snow bird for 6 weeks in Fort Myers and I have off from work this week.. I took my 4 year old down and we've been enjoying the beach.. nice to catch fish in February!

We went to Honey Hole and our guide was awesome. Dad and I both harvested hogs with our bows and my little guy was freaking out when we got home.lol A couple of PSE bows.. dad went with his old school Kolpin broadheads and my Ramcats did a good job slicing up the liver and lung.

I'm very grateful for this years season.. 4 deer on public land and 165lbs of good eats that I butchered myself.. This hog is gonna bring that freezer to capacity! Looking forward to the feast!!!
View attachment 120593 View attachment 120601 View attachment 120609
Would you recommend the guide? If yes could you share his contact? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yup.. it's Bigboarhunts.com The guide is named Eric and he is awesome. He really made us feel comfortable. He started off saying that he treats his clients the way he wants to be treated and he sure did. BTW we grilled up the tenderloins tonight and BOOM! Totally worth it...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts