New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few hours this morning to kick around in the woods trying to figure out my next move and stumbled on a beautiful shed antler. I was in waywayanda behind the house somehow wound up following a well used trail into the laurels and as i was coming to the top of the ridge there was one big tree with no snow under it and the antler was sitting there. What a great christmas gift! Its good to know that one of the big boys made it but it also means to start looking close at those "big does" to make sure that it isn't a shed buck. That would be very disheartening. Well good luck to everyone going out tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will be over by then.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its funny cause I kinda think that it might not be from this year. Part of it was in the ground a little and the tips on 2 of the points were barely chewed and the base was definately dried up. It's definately been there for a while I think. Is it possible that it could've been from last year? I'm gonna buy a digital camera this week so I'll try and get a picture of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts