New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say it was great to meet MPEMT24 (Mike) today, and also my neighbor Gretzky6869 (Ryan).

Ryan, its funny that you live right down the street, and we used to play hockey together. [up] My brother Andy said to say hi. Sorry I didnt recognize you at first.

Mike, I hope you didnt get in trouble for standing around BS'ing with me for an extra hour or so. Just tell the wife it was all my fault.:D Great to meet you. If you ever get some time, and you want to meet up again to shoot, just let me know.

Its great to get out and meet the members from the board. It seems like we have a pretty good group of guys here! [up]

Have a good one guys---Matt:)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow some how I missed this post, but it was cool to see you again although you live 3-4 houses up from me. I totally forgot about the hockey. And about the firework show I did. You better take off of work on July 5th next year because Im already planning my show now and it will be double what I did last month. Have fun and Ill probably see ya around.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Matt, No trouble, she apologized to me. She wasn't home when I got home. I told my cousin about the range and may bring him up someday. I set up the range in my backyard yesterday and took 5 shoots. I pulled the same thing I did the other day. I thought I focused through the peep but dope. Another shattered arrow. However, it did penetrate a concrete block 1 inch.
I have been think about the sight Tom Miranda uses. It is for right handed people with left eye dominance. There is no peep at all.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MP, Thats the Hindsight right?

I dont know if that would solve your problem entirely. I think you could still misalign with the wrong eye. I could be wrong though.

Shooting w/ the weak-eye is always difficult. Though, you have it pretty much mastered. When everything was falling into place, you were shooting tighter groups than me. I mean, you were almost splitting them at 20. [up]

Oh, another product you could look into is the No-Peep by Timberline. That might be even better than the hindsight, it should only be visible to the right eye. I remember someone telling me that its great for using the weak-eye, I just cant remember who.

Next time I shoot with you, I think you should try a back tension release too. It will give you an idea of what the surprise release should feel like. I have a few different releases you could try to cure that minor punching problem. I'll make sure to bring them along.

Oh, did you get those write-ups I sent you? Let me know what you think about them if you get a chance.
They should help too.

Have a good one---Matt

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I haven't read them yet. I printed them out so I can read them when it get slow between 3 and 5 am.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Well, just checked out the Hind sight websight. That sight is more expensive than my bow. I will stick to what I have.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
No-Peep by Timberline
Just checked them out also. Sounds like something that could work and is less expensive. Since you suggested them, do you have any experience with them? (I trust your opinion and expertise after the other day). I am just concerned about switching this close to the season begining. But very interesting. The sight even mentioned by specific problem with eye dominance.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how much the hindsight costs, but the no-peep is about $37. If it would help you with the eye dominance problem, it may be worth it. Along with a decent fiber optic sight. I wish I hadnt sold the other ones I had, I would have just given one to you. If I come across a good sight in my equipment boxes, I will let you have it. I dont think I have any left though.[sad]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike, no personal experience with them, but I've heard nothing but good things about them from guys I know. A LOT of people swear by them.

It would probably take a day to get it set up to you, get re-sighted in, and I would recommend a kisser button to ensure a consistant anchor with that as well.

If you are concerned about money, you can buy a fiber optic sight at Wal-mart for about $20 as well. My youngest brother uses one, and they are fine. The deer are just as dead with his $20 sight, as they are with my $90 ones.;)[up] I highly recommend that over standard pins. They are too tough to see in low light.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't have enough for both right now. I know I should get them both now, because I wouldn't have to sight in twice. I can do it all at one time. Right now, I don't know which one is best to do now. But then again, I guess I can just get the fiber optic pin. Do you if we got everything we could have me set up before Sept. 13. (I know the opener is Sept. 10, but I have to work until the 13th.)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I could have the rig dialed in, in about one day.

It takes a little while to get the no-peep adjusted properly, so we'd probably have to spend about 2-3 hours at the range. Leave your peep in, until we get it set up though, as you need it for a reference at first.

Like I said, if I have a better sight, I will give it to you. If not, you could stick with what you have, and get the no-peep. I think that would help your shooting more than a new sight. The new sight just makes low-light shooting better, and also makes sight adjustments easier (gang adjust). If you can get both, all the better.

Just let me know...---Matt

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I missed you too Drag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts