New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this snow it is a good time to scout. Look for there tracks. Where they are coming from and where there going. Also, watch for their scratchings. Look for there roosting trees. Just something to do.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
your right i took a 3 hour walk around a part of colliers mills this afternoon didn't see turkey tracks or any sheds but i covered a lot of woods so next time out i'll try another spot till i find then i no their in their just have to narrow them down did watch 2 yearlings doe's feed in a rye field at 4pm as i left

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
was out again this afternoon at the colliers mills wma for about 4 hrs saw 1 set of turkey tracks seems like it can off it's rost walked about 5 steps and flew of couldn't find any other tracks around was by a standing sourgum field the place was full of deer tracks/runs so a may have a new bow spot to try this year also ran into 1 other guy doing the same thing he said he saw no signs
i'll try a nother spot next weekend same wma its a big place so i'm trying to narrow it down before its to late

1 - 3 of 3 Posts