New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any good deer spots that they are will to share? it doesnt have to be specific. just the wma would be good. im looking to go in sussex county.

B

·
0 Posts
Mack, all of SUSSEX County is good, some areas are better then others, but over all SUSSEX is good, been hunting for 25 years, of that 23 yrs in SUSSEX

B

·
0 Posts
Mack, you want to know more just email me, email address is in the email list on this site

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Kitattiny State Park is open for deer in some spots during bow season. I think the entire park opens up for shotgun deer season. I would avoid Stokes. I've never hunted there but I hear that it would be like hunting in the Willowbrook mall. I can't remember the name but there is another WMA near Kitattiny High School. Another great spot is along the Delaware River, Delaware National Forest I think.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I have hunted Berkshire Valley and Hamburg WMA. Both are good but Berkshire seemed to be a little more conducive for Bow. I also hunted the Wallkill Refuge and foudn the place to have quite a few deer. Some guys even used a canoe to get back in there. Good luck.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Kittany SP only has a small area open for hunting. The whole park does not open for gun season. There are so many safety zones you have to be very careful. Lots of Mountain bikers also.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just emailed bhc. im good now. i found his email address on the list. thanx for your help though! [up]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts