New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im new to bow hunting, dont know much about bows. i just purchased a used bear ''black panther '' bow 29-60-36 used a couple of times came with pins, quiver, some arrows , bow barely looks touched , oh and i got a case all for 100 bucks . did i get beat or is it a good deal

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Wow, she's got a beer gut there!;) Don't think you got beat. You easily could've spent over a grand on a new bow and not been happy later. At least you're only into this, your first bow, for $100.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Sounds good, but the main thing and only thing that matters is if you are happy with it, that is all that matters, you paid for it your going to use it, the only one you need to please is you, but that sounds like a good deal, good luck with it, be safe and have a grate season.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool , i do have a anther question, dicks sporting goods does tune ups on bows right? second can i lower draw weight alittle i was told by the seller i can but hey what do i know.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Go to Sportsman Center on Route 130. Its worth the drive. Only about 30 min. Just got mine tuned up there today. They are reasonable and knowledgable.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
dropped it off yesterday AM, got it by noon today. They actually did it today while I waited. Took about an hour---and they were busy.

Don't wait too long, it will only get busier.

Ask for Ron or Vinny.

Not real expensive for fixing stuff.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
this is definitely not a cheap hobby ,so 100$is definitely a great deal ,wait to you get arrows and some broad heads

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Now $120 for arrows...
$90 for that new sight you've got to have...
$130 for that drop away rest....
$35 for 3 broadheads...
$35 for 3 broadheads you think you like better than the other 3...
$65 for a new quiver... welcome to the addiction!![rofl]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts