New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about any one else, but we had a GREAT day at the Flatbrook on Saturday. 4 hunters and 8 birds. And we missed 2 and one ran by right in front of us, but never got off the ground. Not gonna shoot on the ground. And other birds flush wild but out of range. Must have seen 13 or 14 birds. It was a good and fun day.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I don't do state grounds on Sat. but it's good to hear there were lots of birds.
We hunted Flatbrook yesterday and didn't fair so well. Put 2 birds up and got 1. The other was out there a bit as it ran from the dog and then flushed out of the corn.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm also glad to hear you did well up on the Flatbrook last Saturday. I won't go to state grounds on a Saturday.
Also glad to hear your not a "ground shooter."
Like TJC said, we didn't do so well yesterday, one hen bird.
It seems that a lot of new guys have found the area.[sad]
First shot yesterday right at legal shooting time was a guy who saw a bird WAY up in a tree prior and just had to shoot it. Well, he hit it but the bird was trapped in the tree with the "hunter" having no way of getting it down. [down]
I'm betting Flatbrook will be packed tomorrow. I wouldn't go near there with an armored suit on! [smirk]

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No ground shots for me Jim. I have 2 dogs that are running around, they are more important to me then the birds.
Everyone says the Flatbrook is so bad because of all the hunters. I do not disagree with that, there are allot of hunters there. Mostly the same hunters every day. So you can tell what guys to avoid. MOST not all, of the people to avoid are the people with out dogs. They don't always realize there are dogs running around. But for the most part I enjoy hunting the Flatbrook.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
MOST not all, of the people to avoid are the people with out dogs
Thanks for saying not all. I am one of those guys without a dog that are well aware of dogs. Simple, if I hear a bell no shot. If I hear a guy, no shot. No bird is worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts