New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week me and my buddy caught about 25 keepers and wanted to try a different way then normal cooking them. We brought them to my gf's mom who said she had an awesome way to cook them and she cooked them for us.

We took the crabs and cleaned them first before cooking. After that we split them in half and put them in a big industrial saute pot. We put oil and fresh grlic cloves in the pot and let them saute for 10 minutes and then added old bay. We kept them cooking for another half hour flipping and turnign them every 5 minutes. At that point we added about 3/4 bottle of red wine and took the top off the pot. We then put it on low and let it cook down for another 30 minutes. It was AMAZING. We took the leftover red wine/garlic sauce and used it to dip fresh homemade bread in. WOW! The juices cooked right into the crabs. Best wat ive ever eaten crabs. Next time you catch crabs, try it. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
We cook them like that all the time. Manichevitz wine seems to give em the best flavor. [up]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts