New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try some striper fishing tomorrow on a boat in the Raritan Bay. A friend invited me to go so I couldn't pass up th opportunity. I have been fishing for stripers in the surf but have never caught one, ever. As a matter of fact have never caught anything from the surf. I am much more of a freshwater guy. I will post pix if we get any. Wish me luck

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Trolled around all day today in kingston, upper hudson. Left the dock @ 6:00am, didn't get a release on the downrigger til 11:30, which turned out to be a 23 lb, then followed by a 30 lb, and a few smaller in the 6lb range. the bite turned on around midday, but the captain had another group coming at 4:00pm, so we docked around 2:00pm, but the action was heating up. Oh well, thats fishing

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
have been fishing for stripers in the surf but have never caught one, ever.
You gotta come with us one day. We have alot of fun.

I'll meet up with you this weekend for the tourney equipment for the kids.

Goodluck buddy[down]

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You gotta come with us one day. We have alot of fun.

Just give me a day or so notice and I'm there.

I'll meet up with you this weekend for the tourney equipment for the kids.
Just let me know where and when. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres the fishing story from today.
Went out on a boat today for stripers. It was my first time on a boat for stripers. It was a party boat out of Atlantic Highlands. About a 90 footer I think. The boat was crowded more than I expected. However most of the other boats that left the same time we did had hardly anyone on them so I thought it was a good sign. We were using clams and throwing an ocassional jig. all in all a good trip. The boat caught about 25 stripers. Maybe a dozen keepers and the rest shorts. we also caught about 25 blues. I didn't hook up with a striper, but brought home 2 nice blues which are now in the freezer. The biggest fish went about 20 pounds, and man one guy was on fire he caught 5 stripers. I would use this boat again as the captain worked to find the fish, and the mates were first class.

Next time I go I will pic a day were the weather is not so nice.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up][patcheye]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.