New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first he asks me to come in Monday AM for a presentation when I was scheduled off.

Then, he leaves me a message at home to try to come in Tuesday-also scheduled vacation day. Being a putz I did.

So...total muzzleloader hunting was 1/2 day..but I did tag a doe. :p

Anyhow..I've had Mon/Tues off since FOREVER..and today he tells me he has a meeting in Ct. on Monday, and would I please be "flexible" (what am I, his wife? well..he is 'screwing' me...) and come in on MONDAY!!!!

[mad][mad][mad][mad][down][down][down]

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ask him if he will wrap your Christmas presents for

you, that you will be working to hard to wrap

them for yourself. Get a little hair on your A$$.

If you give up your time it will only make you mad

and cause you stress. Life is to short. I know

what I'm talking about. I've been five months

recovering from a stomach operation. I'm only 35,

live and eat healthy, not a fanatic, but healthy.

Came as close to dieing as I ever have. Bad

feeling, makes you think what's really important.

Life, family, health and happiness. You can't put a

price tag on any of them. Remember, he can only get

mad at you, it was scheduled and he can't eat you.

Would he come in on his scheduled day off for you?

·
Registered
201 Posts
anyone seen office space, the boss reminds of the boss on office space..lol hmmmm yeaaaahh I think I am gonig to need you to come in on Saturday. grreeeat

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all in...(a) I needed a job, and this is a really good one.

(b) we're short handed

(c) bonuses are coming up after the first, and he's got a reputation for being fair & generous

(d) I just wish he (the "BOSS") could plan a bit better.....[sad]

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i'm waitting for my boss to ask me to come in. i'm off all week. he hates that i hunt. he's already made remarks that he doesn't like i took week vacation for hunting. :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
woj tell your boss there are hundreds of other employers in nj. I don't understand why you guys that have scheduled vacations let your bosses take them away like that. A boss that does that is not a boss worth working for period.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
The guy I worked with Quit on Nov 2 and I had to pick-up most of the slack which totally wiped out my bow season as far as the RUT was concerned. they had me down for SLOBgun too but I said enough is enough!

As that Great Liberal always said while biting his lower lip...."I feel your pain"

·
Registered
545 Posts
I START MY NEW POSITION AS A SUPERVISOR AT MY PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT ON MONDAY AND WHEN I WAS FIRST TOLD ABOUT THE PROMOTION AND THE START DATE I ALMOST HIT THE GROUND - BUT MY MNGR SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL I HAVE OFF NEXT MON, WED AND FRIDAY AS LONG AS I BAG A BUCK AND BEAR FOR THE TEAM!! I OF COURSE OFFERED TO COME IN BUT HE IS A REALLY GREAT GUY WHO UNDERSTANDS I HAD THE DAYS PLANNED

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I'd compromise and come in ONE of the two days.
BTW TITUS, is your company hiring? :D:D:

·
Registered
15,483 Posts
yoda you hunt everyday just about seems like you have the best boss in the world...or they are just happy to have u out of the office lol

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually my boss called today, told me he realized (from the news) that it was bear season...if I "really" needed to take the day off, OK.

Unfortunately by that time I'd set up 3 meetings...

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Work sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the food on the table

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.