New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Where is that archery range at? Do you have to be a member or anything?

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
Where is that archery range at? Do you have to be a member or anything?
I believe it's around exit 120 off the GS Pkwy and it's a public range, as far as I know.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
bordentown ave, and no its a free range.. nice range just people forget to take their trash with them!!!!
Do they have targets set up or do you have to bring your own?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've been there, and seen people from the dog area leave trash. I clean up when I go, but wonder if some of the trash is being placed there by others. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
yeah, im not sure who did the whole paint job. but soon enough well have that covered up. the backstops can also be used as targets, but, we encourage people to bring their own targets to place in front of the backstops. this will only help lengthen the life of the backstops and keep me and mrfyslaw from having to rewrap them every month. thank you.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
UBNJ recently honored two of our members for their work in getting the Sayreville Range opened and doing all the construction! Chances are you won't see them shooting there but they two guys who are dedicated to the Bowhunters of NJ, Wayne Bishop and Brian Pichalski! Those are the guys who spent alot of time making that range functional![up]

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
yes, Brian and Wayne did an excellent job and put alot of time in on this project. Brians father was a huge help along with a bunch of other helping hands. Its now up to the rest of us now, the users to keep it clean.
My understanding is that the town will take care of atleast one big clean up a year, maybe two if time permits them. this will consist of removal of fallen leaves and trees. The backstops at the moment will be taken care of by myself and whoever wants to help out, when needed.
I will probably pick a date either right before the season or right before it starts to turn to winter to get down their and make sure the backstops are in good shape to make it through the winter... will make a post about date and time...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.