New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
No! Go smaller, like 6 shot. You wouldn't want to get hit with #4 shot when the guys on other side are shooting. Plus some places have restrictions and won't allow pellets that big. Where is the towershoot? You should check with the preserve where the shoot is going down

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
lots of places wont allow you to use anything larger the #6 for saftey reasons

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THANKS guys for all the info im gonna bring a 12 gauge and the 20 gauge for afterwards high brass 3 inch for the 12 gauge 7/8 shot or 1 oz shot number 6 or 5 i think 6 hi brass will be fine[confused]. 20 gauge 6 shot 2 3/4[up]will be fine over dog.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I say #6 low brass is fine. I have shot several tower shoots with 12 and 20 ga. Use the full choke during the tower. I have one question where do you buy 3" high brass shells in 7/8 or 1 oz loads? Never heard of that? 20 ga 6 shot for both would be fine with 1 oz loads in low brass.. Last time I used 12 ga for tower I used 6 low brass and mod choke. Had no problem.
One thing to remember about high brass vs low brass is it is alot of marketing..
Now that most are posting the velocity rather then the dram equivalent of powder you can really compare what you are getting for your money. Remington makes a low brass heavy dove load that is equal to alot of the high brass stuff. It has orange stripe on the green box and is alot cheaper..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.