New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
1/2 day school today, so taking my son out for an afternoon sit. No snow on the ground here, so pretty optimisic they will come out and feed on cut corn this afternoon, so that's the spot we'll be hunting. Hope he gets a shot at one, got one his 1st year, nothing last year so hopefully this year! He's of course much bigger now so can handle his 2og gauge youth gun very well.

good luck all

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Back out sitting my bear bait in sparta.. not much hope though it seems like most of our bears shut down 10 days ago
I have the same damn problem, it seems after the blast of cold weather we had around Thanksgiving & with the snow all my bears have disappeared off of all 3 bait barrels since 12/4/14. This management plan is a joke, I have been working hard for the last 4 years trying to get a bear but every year the bears den up a few days before the hunt starts.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Out in flatbrook walpack area and can say driving all the way up from Kenilworth I saw no cars in front or behind me in 15/206 and then no vehicles parked anywhere along flatbrook. First car I saw ends up. Wing at the spot I was going into. He pulled up just as I was heading into woods. Nice day top of the mtn

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Getting dressed now to head out in Zone 14. Since I'm the only one hunting in this area, I think I'm going to try a still hunt this afternoon. Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Z10. Lookin for sum horns!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.