New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the guys I work with are going out on the Captain John today for stripers. I've never caught one so I'm kinda psyched... they've been killing them off the boat for a good two weeks. :D Let's hope they don't shut down upon my arrival.[mad]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Man I need to get out Ive been cooped up sick. I worked all weekend the got sick sunday I'm going stir crazy. Have fun today F. Catch a bunch

·
Super Moderator
7,895 Posts
It is a nice day today..Almost felt "sick" on the way home for lunch...[smirk] You shouls catch today...Let us know!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we almost didn't go out. Me and three guys I work with went down to the boat and met up with another guy we work with who is a mate on the boat... add the captain and we were the only 6 that showed up to fish. The captain said if we had 5 paying customers we would go out... so the mate, John, paid for the trip so the rest of us could go. We had an 85 footer all to ourselves.:D

We left around 5 and had our lines in the water by 5:45... that's after 15 minutes of jocking the boat trying to get near a pod of fish that a smaller boat was on... but the smaller boat wasn't fishing, they were trying to get their anchor to hold.[mad] We boated our first fish at around 6. And just kept catchin' em. We probably boated 30 fish between the 6 of us (the mate and captain fished too) and everyone caught a keeper (slot fish, nothing huge). The fishing almost completely shut down when the sun went down and we headed home around 9:30... back at the dock around 10. Since John was the only mate on board, we all chipped in cleaning up and made short work of it. It was a good time... but I'm kinda hung over today.:(

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Wow an 85 footer all to yourselves. You dont get to many days like that. Glad you caught fish.Where is the Captian John out of?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keyport. I'll be doing it again... but John told me the blues will start coming in next week or the week after... making the striper fishing a little bit tougher.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Yup, sloppy, smelly, nasty clams... I think I still smell after two showers.
Sounds like my last trip to Mexico.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts