New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
very sad i heard about it on the way home from hunting on nj101.5 have they found the other officer yet

·
Registered
432 Posts
I worked last night and was there on the scene for sevral hours, it was a very sad sight.
God bless there families, time to dry clean the Cl [no swearing please] A Uniform for the Funeral.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
My wife's and I hearts and prayers to out to there families. It was truly a tragic accident. Even though their End of Watch is 12/25/05 their eternal watch has begun. May they keep watch from above.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate going to the funerals for fellow officers, thats why I got off the honor guard detail

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I hate going to the funerals for fellow officers, thats why I got off the honor guard detail
You still go though don't you?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Figured you would. It's a brotherhood that I think people outside the job don't understand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh your so right about the brotherhood, and the general public doesn't understand. We all wear blue, no matter what department we work for

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Turns out I went to the same high school as the younger officer. May God Bless them. It's a same for a tragedy like this.

·
Registered
971 Posts
As a retired NYC Police Officer, I too mourn their deaths and greave for their families.

When I was an active police office in NY (20 years) I went to many funerals of brothers that paid the supreme sacrifice.

God rest their souls and look over their families.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I knew Shaun Carson very well he use to help train the Hoboken Track Team and helped me with footspeed, as Shaun was the fastest man I knew in New Jersey. His true love was Track and field, he will be surely missed!

My fondest memory of Shaun:

Shaun and I were racing on the street near Hoboken High School Stadium, and he smoked me, while we were racing he looked at me and said," Chip why are you jogging." If this wasn't enough, a few minutes later, Shaun stop a brand new Mustang 5.0 on the same street and told the owner that he would beat his car in a 50 yard dash. "Crazy" you may think, he smoked the car too, I could not believe it!

Shaun my Brother in Blue, I know that you are in a better place and you probably already smoked half of the track stars in Heaven! Thanks for being a friend and thanks for keeping every body safe in JC. You will be truly missed, God Bless you my Brother!

Chip #3 State Champs 1994

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Looked like a large turn out for a loved officer. Too bad they have to do it one more time.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Lord, I ask for courage-
Courage to face and conquer my own fears...
Courage to take me where others will not go...
I ask for strength-
Strength of body to protect others,
and strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication-
Dedication to do my job, to do it well.
Dedication to my community, to keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern-
Concern for those who trust me,
and the compassion for those who need me...

And please Lord,
Through it all be at my side...

They are now by his side for eternity, keeping the streets of another place safe. Their famalies and friends are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
NHBuck, that was beautiful. I am going to print that out and keep it with me.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I know you! Welcome aboard. This is a great site and it just got much better with your experience on board.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
GOD Bless their families and may the two officers souls rest in peace.:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts